Friday, May 26, 2006

New Car!

Just thought I'd pop in and make everyone envious. I know, I haven't been on in a while, it's summer, and I'm off from school. But anyways...

...the R34 GTR is gone. So long, good-bye. It was a nice car, but, well...I'm getting old. The new car is...drum roll please...

...a Nissan Skyline R34 M-spec Nur.

Subtle differences. The M-spec Nur is the baddest of all Skylines, short of the remarkable and semi-stupid Z-tune, which is just a used base R34 GTR made into a supercar by Nismo. The M/Nur, on the other hand, is just bad. The car oversteers and slides ridiculously easy. AWD? You bet, it's got the same ATTESA system as every other Skyline.

I considered leaving it stock. And then my bad judgement got the best of me. So I'm going to a truly bad-ass suspension, superlight flywheel, twin-plate clutch, slightly shorter final drive gear, race-type silencer and straight-line exhaust, a relatively small air-to-air aluminum intercooler, and a massively upgrades fuel system to keep the stock turbo happy while letting me turn up the maximum boost levels. I know I should probably bore out the cylinders for a little extra displacement, but that would reduce the responsivenes of the engine, which is the whole point of the build. Not so much to make boatloads more power (just a little extra torque), but to make an amazingly responsive engine and connect it to a serious street drift machine. Power-wise, with a little carbon-fiber and some "interior redecoration", I can easily compete with the fastest cars on the street around here so long as I have a highly motivated, pick-up-and-go engine and drivetrain.

The only thing I don't like about the car now is its tendency to dive and squat. Hence, the uber-suspension. I'll be dialing in some anti-dive and anti-squat, relocating some of the pickup points, and retaining relatively soft spring rates and dampers to maintain control, and to make a point: Ya'll solved your dive and squat issues with really stiff springs and dampers. I solved mine with a little geometry.

1 Comments:

Anonymous nik anas said...

hi jack. congratulations on your new car. i have a question, is it true that installing a light fywheel on a car would increase horsepower but reduce it's torque? if you're not busy, hit me back ok. nikanasz@yahoo.com. thanks. i need an expert view. you are an expert. :)

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home